Sony AI America, a branch of Sony AI, is a remotely distributed organization spread across the U.S. and Canada. Sony AI is Sony’s new research organization pursuing the mission to use AI to unleash human creativity. Sony AI works closely with Sony’s other business units, including Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC., Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc., and Sony Music Entertainment. With some 900 million Sony devices in hands and homes worldwide today, a vast array of Sony movies, television shows and music, and the PlayStation Network, Sony creates and delivers more entertainment experiences to more people than anyone else on earth. To learn more: https://ai.sony/
Sony AI America (SAIA) is seeking highly motivated, self-driven individuals with expertise at the intersection of AI Ethics - specifically Fairness, Transparency, and Accountability (FTA) – and Generative AI / Large Foundation Models. We are currently looking for smart, enthusiastic people who want to join our team of world-renowned researchers as we push the boundaries of applying AI in support of human creativity. In this role, the successful candidate will research, develop and deploy fair, transparent, and accountable technology for NLP and other business areas. Sony AI America is a remote-work organization – location is flexible.
Lead research projects at the intersection of AI ethics (especially around Fairness, Transparency, and Accountability) and Generative AI.
- Work closely with product and compliance teams to address AI ethics issues across Sony's diverse businesses.
- Work closely with a team of AI researchers and programmers in the U.S., Switzerland, and Japan on ambitious AI projects.
- Investigate new algorithms to solve fundamental AI ethics problems.
- Write code to support research, usually in Python, C++, and/or R.
- Write reports and give presentations for internal audiences.
- Write papers for and give presentations at academic conferences.
Qualifications For Position
Your qualifications and experience should include:
- Passion to develop cutting-edge Generative AI ethics technology and deploy it through a multi-stakeholder approach.
- PhD or equivalent experience with a track record of relevant academic publications, patents, and/or open-source software related to Generative AI. Candidate must have interest in AI Ethics with academic publications in the space preferred, particularly in the areas of algorithmic fairness, accountability, and transparency. Interdisciplinary researchers are highly encouraged to apply.
- Seniority will depend on number of years of work experience after PhD (or equivalent experience).
- Experience working with different AI / AI ethics stakeholders, such as users and product, engineering, legal, and compliance business units.
- A track record of implementing software systems.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills, including the ability to articulate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
In addition to competitive pay and benefits, we offer an environment and culture that promotes Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We are committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for you to thrive as part of Sony’s purpose to “fill the world with emotion through the power of creativity and technology”.
SCA offers benefits-eligible employees (generally regular employees scheduled to work 20 or more hours a week) a comprehensive benefits program that offers coverage and support for employees and their family’s physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
What we offer you:
- Comprehensive medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision coverage with coverage for spouses/domestic partners and child dependents, including access to a Health Savings Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee assistance plan and comprehensive behavioral health benefits
- Fertility benefits, including surrogacy, and adoption assistance programs
- Basic and supplemental life insurance for employees as well as supplemental life insurance coverage for their spouses/domestic partners and children
- Voluntary benefits such as group legal, identity theft protection, accident, and hospital indemnity insurance
- Short-term & long-term disability plans
- Paid parental and caregiver leave
- 401(k) Plan with pre-tax, Roth, and after-tax options and company match which vests immediately
- Education assistance and student loan programs
- Time off to include vacation, paid holidays, sick leave, Summer Fridays (early release), and a winter break between Christmas and New Year’s Day (based on business needs)
- Referral bonuses (subject to eligibility)
- Matching gift program
- A wide variety of employee business resource groups (EBRGs)
- Special discounts on Sony products, offered exclusively to Sony employees
- Employee stock purchase plan (Sony covers commissions and fees for your Sony stock purchases made through after-tax payroll deductions)
- Annual incentive bonus
When using Joblist.ai to look for jobs, never pay to apply. Don't buy equipment or pay for training, as these are often scams. Be wary of posts that link to "work online" sites. Verify the company by checking the website or email domain. Clicking "Apply" on Joblist.ai takes you to the company's website, but Joblist.ai is not responsible for external sites.